Thursday, March 29, 2012

Chocolate mooooooose

So I'll warn you in advance that the pictures in this post aren't exactly beautiful...and that the title is very deceiving because there are no moose in this post. The closest that this post will come to moose is the fact that I am Canadian...and there are moose in my country. Sorry to disappoint all you moose fans.


However, what I will be talking about is a delicious chocolate mousse that I made today. Not only was it delicious, but it had a very secret, special ingredient...

Tofu!


Now before you run away and hurl yourself over a bridge just hear me out. I swear that you can't taste the tofu in this!!! Actually, I promise you can't because tofu itself doesn't have much taste to it and literally takes on the flavour of whatever you add to it.

Like chocolate, for instance ;)


Not only does this dessert taste delicious but it's extreeeeemly easy to make. Just throw the tofu, melted chocolate chips, vanilla, milk, cocoa powder and salt in a blender and blend to your little heart's desire (or until it's super smooth).

Like so (told you the pictures weren't pretty!):


Once you have a taste you won't believe that this chocolate mousse is actually kinda good for you. Both of my roomies were fooled!


But don't take my word for it. Try it yourself ;).


Chocolate Mousse (adapted slightly from ChocolateCoveredKatie)
  • 1/2 package firm or medium-firm tofu (~6oz)
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1-2 Tbsp milk (if you're using firm tofu you may need more)
  • a pinch of salt
Melt chocolate chips in microwave. Put everything in the blender and blend until very smooth. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment